Wednesday 7 November 2012

Baking 101- Mango Chewy Cookies





                                   Mango Chewy cookies


This is my first attempt to bake mango chewy cookies, I dont know if you all heard of " mama's kitchen" they are based at Iloilo city, Philippines they have the best (for me) mango chewy cookies and so I decided to make my own version. 

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter,softened  ( room temp to achieve the chewy texture)

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup white sugar

1 egg ( room temp)

1 tbsp pure vanilla extract

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

1/2 tsp baking soda

2 cups of dried mangoes. ( I chopped the dried mangoes into chunks)


  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees F ( 190 degrees C)
  • In a large bowl,cream together the butter,brown sugar and white sugar until smooth.Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Combine the flour and baking soda ; stir into the sugar mixture. Mix in the dried mangoes. 
  • Use heaping spoonful onto the cookie sheets ( I used an ice cream scooper or a cookie scooper)
  • Bake for 8-10 mins in the preheated oven. allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheets then transfer to cookie rack to cool completely.

Happy Baking!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment