Wednesday 7 November 2012

My life cleansing journey.



I'd like to share with you my old entry from my tumblr account. I wrote this last feb.12,2012 to be exact and now its been a year and 6 mos of no facebook.



I’ve decided to deactivate my facebook, 10 months ago, so 2 more months and it will be a year of no facebook for me. The real reason behind this was actually pretty simple I wanted to be away from the world. ( social network) for awhile,needed some time to process everything about my life,well let’s put it this way I want to find my simple happiness. I’m not saying I’m not happy of course I am happy, I have a great husband, amazing family and wonderful friends, the simple happiness I’m talking about is finding the true meaning of life ,learning to appreciate the beauty of life. I wanted to be more productive as well not that when I come home from work or any activity I did for the day, I’ll just sit down  and check my facebook and you’ll never know that you wasted already uhm 2-3 hours? I could have done more things to do like helping with the chores,go for a walk or hit the gym.
So I made a list of the things I should do to accomplish this journey of mine,just a short term goals.
  • I wanted to spend more time with God - like making sure that I’ll give time in hearing mass, pray the rosary and novena.
  •  Read More Books. - Instead of wasting so much of my time in facebook. Id rather read and in that way I get to expand my knowledge.
  •  Practice Yoga. - It was a great help for me, it helped me with my stress level ha-ha! I feel more relax , rejuvenate   and it helped me with my healthy eating lifestyle
  •  Do some gardening - Okay, as some of you who doesn’t know me that much. I am not the type of person who would actually do some gardening stuff haha! even back at home I cant even help water the plants! haha! but of course people can learn right? so I did actually! and it turned out pretty darn good! because I enjoyed and loved it! Best part,it was an activity-bonding with M.
  • Learn how to cook. - here it goes, I’ll be honest , my tag line before was ” cooking is not my thing and kitchen is not place” haha! But again…. we can all learn right? and surprisingly I had the patience to learn cooking and baking 101. haha! It’s fun! M loves to cook,he is a good cook actually,so it makes more room for quality time together with him in the kitchen haha! 
  •  Go for a walk. - easy right? but walking is a great stress reliever,when your thoughts are all over not knowing what to do or what? Cant think straight,try going for a walk even just for 10 minutes! it helps freshen up the mind! and don’t forget to do some “deep breathing” inhale ,exhale..
  • Keep a journal. - I wanted to keep track of my everyday life “happenings” treasure the small memories..
  • Practice meditation
  • Be more Positive!
  • Learn to enjoy the fun of failures. - I’m the type of person who uhm..can’t accept failures in life, I wanted to be perfect and yes yes, I know that nothing in this world is perfect but who doesn’t want his/her life to be picture perfect and well planned for the future? of course Everybody wants that ( Im assuming) hehe, but maybe its just I have also high expectations in life. With this journey, I learn to accept that life is too short not to enjoy the bumpy roads!
“The things that go wrong often make the best memories” 
-The Happiness project

 Novelty is an important source of happiness ; it’s also an important element in creativity”
-The Happiness Project

REMEMBER THIS : ” THE DAYS ARE LONG ,BUT THE YEARS ARE SHORT”
-The Happiness Project

  To wrap this all up , I never felt great in my life , I learned to enjoy life in its simple ways and I never felt Happy, genuine simple happiness. The key all along was to be grateful for what you have in life , but we can never blame yourself when we are overshadowed by material and superficial things in life and we tend to forget to look back how lucky we are.

” It’s all about living in the moment and appreciating the smallest things ,surrounding yourself with things that inspire you and letting go of the obsessions that want to take over your mind”
- The Happiness Project.
Cheers
K

No comments:

Post a Comment